Food trucks, a silent auction, 1st and 2nd grade musical performances, student art show and a live auction. You won't want to miss this event!
Get more details, including bidder numbers, the schedule and a listing of food trucks, on the Spring Auction page.
Dan Mills Elementary is celebrating its 80th anniversary at the Ruby Jubilee from 1:00-3:00 pm. The program, beginning at 1:30, will include a performance by current students and a program honoring past principals, teachers and students. There will be memorabilia displays and light d’oeuvres.
If you plan on attending, have memorabilia to share, or have questions, please email DanMills80th@gmail.com.
As part of Read Around the World week, students will be read to in our World Cafe on Tuesday, February 27. Nut-free cookies will be provided to students as they listen to volunteers read books from around the world.
Parent volunteers are needed to read. Click the button below to sign-up.
Read Around the World week (formerly, Read Across America) will be Monday, February 26 through Friday, March 2. This year Dan Mills is focusing on books from around the world. Each grade level will be assigned a country to learn about.
Here's what will be happening throughout the week:
- Monday - Students may dress as their favorite book character.
- Tuesday - Students will enjoy cookies and hear books from around the world. Parent volunteers are needed for reading - sign up here!
- Wednesday - Students will learn more about a particular country or culture.
- Thursday - Family Literacy Night! Join us at Dan Mills from 5:00 - 7:00 pm for a night of free fun from around the world.
- Friday - Students will participate in a parade to share their learning about the world.
Parents are also encouraged to read some books from around the world to their children at home throughout the week. Some great book ideas can be found here and checked out through the public library!
It's time to turn in your first quarter Box Tops! The House with the most Box Tops collected through October 5 will earn House points! Mr. Yates has agreed to award 20 House points to the first place house and 10 House points to the second place house.
Please find your student's House Bin located in the front entryway of the school, and drop your Box Tops there. We'll take them in any form -- in the ziploc bag sent home, on a Box Tops collection sheet, or anything else.