Read Around the World week (formerly, Read Across America) will be Monday, February 26 through Friday, March 2. This year Dan Mills is focusing on books from around the world. Each grade level will be assigned a country to learn about.
Here's what will be happening throughout the week:
- Monday - Students may dress as their favorite book character.
- Tuesday - Students will enjoy cookies and hear books from around the world. Parent volunteers are needed for reading - sign up here!
- Wednesday - Students will learn more about a particular country or culture.
- Thursday - Family Literacy Night! Join us at Dan Mills from 5:00 - 7:00 pm for a night of free fun from around the world.
- Friday - Students will participate in a parade to share their learning about the world.
Parents are also encouraged to read some books from around the world to their children at home throughout the week. Some great book ideas can be found here and checked out through the public library!