Welcome to the 2018-2019 school year at Dan Mills! We are excited about the year ahead and look forward to working together to support the school. Our mission is to engage our talents, skills, interests and abilities to make Dan Mills an outstanding learning environment for all of our students.
We work to fulfill that mission by getting involved! The PTO raises funds to support technology in our classrooms, curriculum materials, professional development, school activities, school improvements and so much more. We also recruit the volunteers that support our wonderful teachers and administration by offering their skills and time to help the school thrive! Our volunteers help with everything from gardening and landscaping to reading with children to hanging student art on the walls to serving food at the yearly Dragon Jubilee to serving as “teacher for an hour” so our amazing teachers can go out to lunch during Teacher Appreciation Week.
We hold four major fundraising events each year:
- Songwriters in the Round - An adults-only event held off-campus in the beginning of the school year.
- Dragon Dash - A school-wide fun run held in early October.
- Dragon Jubilee - This fall festival is always a blast for the entire family. Held in late October.
- Spring Auction - Live and silent auction held in April.
We also raise funds through sales of Dan Mills E.S. "spirit wear," which can be worn as standard school attire every school day. Spirit wear can be purchased at school events, and is now offered online! Visit the Spiritwear tab on our website to view available products. New inventory is usually added each year by mid-September.
Speaking of which, the Dan Mills School Newsletter, The Dragon's Breath, is published monthly to help inform parents about everything to plan for in the month ahead. There will always be information from your PTO included in that newsletter, so plan to grab it out of your child’s communication folder and post it on the fridge every month!
- Check back on our website often for events and information: danmillspto.org
- Get involved! Become a volunteer by filling out our Parent Interest Form
- Sign up for our PTO newsletter and get info directly to your inbox: Subscribe
- Like us on Facebook for up-to-date information: facebook.com/danmillselementarypto
- Follow us on Instagram to keep up with our musings: @ptodanmills
Together we can make this a fantastic year at Dan Mills E.S.! Please join us - and help make a difference!
Your PTO Executive Board:
Jen McCarter, Co-President
Chris Billingslea, Co-President
Wendy Hinton, Co-Vice President
Kate Blocher, Co-Vice President
Dan Benningfield, Co-Vice President
Jackie Whitis, Treasurer
Caroline Lee, Secretary
You may reach any of us by using our contact form.